March 06, 2011

Busy Saturday



Saturday was a busy day that began with my first visit to the Brick Works for their Farmer's Market.  It is such an amazing space and the city (really a huge group of movers and shakers) have done a wonderful job of melding the old and the new.  It's incredible to see the kilns still there with art installations on the wall along with graffiti from when the site was abandoned.  The market is great and I'm hoping to enjoy either the fresh-made crepes or JK's fries on my next visit.

The next stop was The Artist Project.  200 vendors displaying amazing pieces for sale.  The mediums varied and included photography, sculpture, oils, glass, etc.  I picked up a lovely piece by Jerre Davidson.  She takes layers of glass and creates what appears to be a painting.  Of course, I gravitated towards one of the fall scenes and it looks incredible when the natural light is reflected through it. 

I ended the day with dinner at Pastis.  It was an absolutely incredible meal.  A perfect end to a wonderful day in TO.

No comments:

Post a Comment