November 27, 2011

Decking the Halls

It is officially time to start trimming the tree.  I typically wait until December 1st to pull out the x-mas decorations but am hosting a small dinner party and wanted the house to look festive for my friends.  My parents are also coming to stay with me for the holidays so I wanted to take it up a notch.

I started by moving my living room furniture around to free up the front window as I love how the tree looks there and it provides some interest to the exterior of the house when the lights are on.  The living room is a wee bit cozy but since I have yet to find a coffee table for that room it actually works out perfectly.

Ornaments and shiny bells glitter in the candlelight
Garland via The Bay reconfigured into a wreath


Garland added to the chandelier
Garland and holiday decor on the bookcase

  
Christmas detail added to the mirror
Tree all aglow


Lovely little vignette (large ornaments are from Winners)

Interior wreath - garland is from The Bay
Ornaments on display

No comments:

Post a Comment