November 05, 2011

Getting Country-fied

Project 3 for Interior Decorating I involves designing a condo for a client with a specific design style in mind on a $70,000 budget - my partner and I got a single woman with three cats that likes "North American Country" and pastels.  She is also a piano teacher and needs a room/space for lessons that is separate from her personal space.  We also have to incorporate her piano and a pre-existing hutch (which thankfully can be painted).  Definitely a challenge.  I'm leaning towards shabby chic and a more modern interpretation of country - here are some of my inspiration photos:

Lovely kitchen - via Mad About Pink
Sweet little nook - via Decorpad

Subdued living room - via Modern Home Furniture




And who can forget the originator of shabby chic, Rachel Ashwell - her site is full of amazing room designs, furniture and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment