April 01, 2012

NYC - Part II - ABC Carpet & Home



I've read about ABC Carpet & Home (888 & 881 Broadway at east 19th) and checked out their website but was not prepared for all of the amazingness that fills six floors (and two across the street).  They have absolutely everything you could want in a home and it is all so very, very lovely. 
 

The main level is full of table after table of gorgeous home decor pieces presented in lovely little vignettes.  I loved the all-white and whimsically woodsy settings.
 




















I loved the metallic branch-like legs of this table (bit of a self-portrait as well). I saw an episode of Home by Novogratz where they included a cluster of these lights.























There were Art Deco pieces, mid-century modern and industrial plus rooms dedicated to designers like Barbara Barry and Timothy Oulton (his rooms were certainly very masculine). 


I could have filled my camera with photos of all the wonderful lighting options.                           






















 I loved these springs re-imagined as wall art.                


At one point, I was near the windows overlooking the building across the street and you could see row upon row of dance studios,  one room was ballet, another modern dance and a third had dancers warming up.  It was such a great NYC moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment