March 29, 2012

NYC - Part I - The Ace Hotel

Spending some much needed time off from work in NYC.  I love this city and wish I had spent more time out here as I've only managed two visits in the last six years.
  
Great signage
 I decided to stay at The Ace Hotel (20W 29th Street) which is a great boutique hotel in the historic NoMad neighbourhood.  Originally the Breslin Hotel, the interior was re-imagined by the New York firm Roman & Williams.  The rooms and lobby include vintage furniture and lighting and even the smallest details (e.g. the silkscreened bag that holds the blowdryer) help to maintain a consistent industrial chic design with a touch of playfulness. 

Pendleton blanket on the bed
Bent pipes form the "closet"
         
Cabinet in the bathroom
  
Brass fixtures and dark grout in the bathroom
 
Original artwork behind the bed
    
Poetry

           

No comments:

Post a Comment