January 27, 2013

Trends for 2013

There are some really great trends predicted for 2013.  I love poring through the January shelter magazines and seeing what's expected in the upcoming year.  Some of my faves include:

Brass
Seriously, I did not think I would be a fan of this trend but seeing it take form in some lovely light fixtures has persuaded me to want to try it.
Rowan Pharmacy Task Floor Lamp - Antique Brass - Restoration Hardware
Computer generated photo-realist fabrics
This trend is easily added through the use of pillows and I've already seen it appear in several shops.
Woodtype Cushion - by LazySuzan on Etsy
High-gloss
Looks fantastic in brightly saturated hues.
Latitude Slate Blue/Grey Low Dresser - CB2
Emerald
It's the Pantone colour of the year so you'll start seeing it everywhere!
Emerald Toile Solomon's Seal - Chintz & Company
Materials that look vintage
Think slate, weathered concrete and crackle-glazed tiles
Emser Tile - Cristallo Crackle Willow Green - South Cypress



No comments:

Post a Comment