March 19, 2012

Store Love - Love the Design

We are enjoying summer-like weather here in TO, and I spent Sunday afternoon wandering around my neighbourhood.  I popped by one of my favourite shops - Love the Design (1362 Queen St. East).


The shop is full of vintage pieces and artwork and definitely has an industrial / rustic flavour.  The artwork within the store is by the owner, Christine Flynn, and includes shots of the city, maps, or nature all with a glossy coat of resin.

Artwork, industrial lighting, machinery gears and glass bottles

Beautiful baskets and bottles in the window

Industrial lights on a ladder
I found a great piece of art for myself today.  It's a vintage map of Toronto from 1894 which matches the age of my house and I couldn't resist picking it up.

Vintage map of Toronto
Its new home

No comments:

Post a Comment