April 02, 2013

Store Love - Sentimental Journey Antiques

I visited the town of Nanton over the Easter long weekend.  It's a small, quaint town just south of Calgary with fantastic antique shops and art galleries.  I quickly fell in love with Sentimental Journey Antiques (1901 - 20th Avenue) during my visit.  This shop is huge with three floors full of fabulous finds.

A great feature of this store is that it's housed in the Keeley Building.  Built in 1909, the main level was once a hardware store and the top floor was eventually converted into apartments. These former officer apartments now display antiques, collectibles, lighting, books and kitchenware.
I'm on the hunt for a hutch
Really great rustic kitchen utensils
I love the blue-green glass on these cabinet doors
A collection of wooden rolling pins
This green glassware looks amazing displayed as a collection

An assortment of mis-matched silverware
Old telephones
A mix of accessories
Love all the jugs in a row
Old skis - perfect for a lodge
I just picked up a similar crock to hold my cooking utensils
The basement of the shop is full of old tools
My Mom checking out some goodies in one of the old kitchens
There is so much to look at, including the architectural features of the room 
An old window is given a new life as a cabinet
An old wooden tool tray is great to corral items in your house (remotes? art supplies?)
A very masculine display.  Love the metal cabinets
I recognized this from an episode of Canadian Pickers
I'm really hoping to head back to Nanton soon to visit this store again as it was certainly worth the drive.   The owners have a second store in town that we didn't get a chance to visit but that's on the list for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment