August 25, 2012

Paint, paint and more paint

I am taking a few days before the movers arrive to re-paint the main floor of my new place.  I decided to lighten the walls as the burgundy makes the space feel cozy but also really small.  The light seems to disappear into the corners and I want to open the space up as I'll use it as my living/family room and an area to work.



I decided to use my tried and true fave gray, Stonington Gray by Benjamin Moore.

Stonington Gray- HC-170 - Benjamin Moore
I used this gray in my TO living/dining room and loved how it made the space feel even larger.  I think this colour will brighten up the room and show off the great features of the space.  The hardwood is gorgeous but you don't notice it right away as your eye immediately travels to the dark walls.

For the trim, I'm going with the classic Decorator's White by Benjamin Moore which has a hint of blue rather than yellow to keep it bright.  I'm planning on a semi-gloss finish to really make it sparkle but will also use an eggshell version to freshen up the interiors of the upstairs closets.  

Decorator's White - CC-20 - Benjamin Moore
More before, in-progress and after photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment